Concrete which has not been trowel finished will have a surface that is more porous than one which has been trowelled. When Liquid Rubber is applied directly to such a porous surface it will produce a high density of small craters in the resulting membrane. This is caused by the fact that Liquid Rubber actually penetrates into the pores, leaving a crater on surface . The following procedure is recommended to prevent formation of surface craters:
1) Apply a light coat of one of the following products to seal the surface:
a.) Water based acrylic elastomeric roof coating( primer or base -coat version)
b.) Solvent based chlorinated rubber or Hypalon product.
c.) Solvent based neoprene product.
The choice of water or solvent based product should be based on temperature and humidity conditions. For water based products, relative humidity should be less than 70% and temperature 60 degrees or higher. Solvent based products should be used at low temperatures and high relative humidity.
2) Liquid Rubber may be applied when primer application is sufficiently dry. Water based products should be allowed to dry thoroughly, as any surface moisture will interfere with the adhesion of the rubber. A single coat of Liquid Rubber is preferable to multiple coats.
Colorful EPDM rubber granule feature :real raw material, non slip ,non-static ,high flexibility ,withstanding wear and tear dencay, sharp color, light gravity, strong adhesiveness ,and there is no dust and powder absorption on it and very clean. EPDM particle is a kind of high-tech chemical and environment-friendly product. As the ternary polymer made up of ethylene, propylene and a small quantity of the unconjugated, EPDM has extremely excellent features of ozone resistance, weather resistance, aging resistance and electrical insulation and outstanding color stability.
The performance of EPDM track:
1. Environment friendly: Non-toxic, nuisanceless and satisfactory.
2. All-weather use: It can keep high quality in any seasons and under any temperature difference and can be used immediately after rain.
3. Elasticity: It has proper elasticity and anti-elasticity that can decrease the consumption of physical energy and increase competition performance.
4. Absorption of impact force: It can moderately absorb the impact force of foot, decrease sports damage and is suitable for long-term exercise and competition.
5. Weather resistance: It wont fade, powder or soften due to ultraviolet, ozone and acid rain and can keep fresh color permanently
Wearing resistance: It has strong friction resistance, so it can meet the demand on long-term and high-frequency use.
6. Compressibility resistance: Its impossible that the elasticity cannot recover due to the weight of athletic equipment.
9. Resistance to impact: It has tenacious elastic layer and buffer layer. So it can absorb strong impact without any damage to the surface.
10. Flatness: The surface is flat due to the use of self-flatting material when construction. So it can meet the requirement of especially flat sports ground.
11. Strong adhesion: It can be used for special construction with strong adhesion and can prevent water rising without bubble and desquamation etc.
12. Security: It can prevent injury due to tumble.
13. Economy: It doesnt need special maintenance except current cleaning.
14. Color: The surface color is soft. The surface material of the particle can prevent the reflection of dazzling light and its beautiful and lasting.
• Liquid Roof is nearly identical chemically to sheet EPDM but with the distinct advantage of being a liquid. It is self-adhering and seamless
• Takes Temperatures from -40 to 300F
• One Coat application, No Primer, top coat or multiple coats needed
• Easy Application- A true do-it-yourself product
• Waterproofs immediately upon application and will take ponding water 365 days a year
• It will seal leaks, reduce heat build-up and rain noise and considerably extend the service life
• Liquid EPDM has proven itself superior to Acrylics, Urethanes and other elastomers for up to 3 times longer
• Goes on virtually all surfaces Click here for applicable uses
• As a liquid it can conform to any shape of roof, flashing, or protrusion both vertical and horizontal. It cures by chemical reaction to form a self adhering seamless membrane
• Liquid EPDM forms 100% seamless membrane
• The unique properties of EPDM rubber make it a versatile maintenance and repair product and its uses are limitless
Difference Between Liquid EPDM and other Materials.
• Identical to sheet EPDM but a liquid
• Easy Application
• Goes on virtually all surfaces
• Can be applied 6 times thicker than the standard elastomeric
• Single coat application
• Forms a seamless membrane
• Takes Temperatures from -40 to 300F
Features and Benefits of Liquid Rubber
• Easy to apply single coat system
• Instant set – Reduces project time
• Spray, Brush or Roller applied
• Easy to apply single coat system
• Water based – No harmful vapour
• Extremely flexible – Allows for substrate movement
• Seamless – No laps or joints
• High puncture resistance
• Strongly bonded to substrate
• Allows freedom of architectural design
When you want to apply liquid rubber on your roof, keep in mind that it is a 3 to 6 hrs process, excluding the surface preparation time. Once the liquid EPDM Rubber is applied, it takes around 16 to 20 hours to dry up. Therefore careful planning should be done taking into consideration the weather conditions as well, i.e. one should plan to work on days when the rain is not expected because although Liquid Roof will immediately waterproof, even when wet, avoid heavy rain until it is completely dry to the touch which means 16 – 20 hours after application. To be on the safe side, one can say that a full cure will be achieved in 4 – 10 days after application, in consistent 70 deg. F.
A lot of liquid coatings can be seen in market but when we talk of liquid roof, its spray and application characteristics are found to be very unique and different from the other coatings. Before applying the liquid rubber, comes the surface preparation which is also a mandatory step. Surface preparation and cleaning is done to make sure that there are no holes, gaps, seams and tears on the roof and if there, they should be repaired before application. Also any potential weak areas should be reinforced and asphalts or silicone type of caulking on the roof/surface should be removed as well. The roof should be thoroughly dried prior to applying Liquid Rubber EPDM after cleaning.
Although Liquid Rubber has a heavy consistency, it will self level and penetrate small crevices and pores. However before applying, catalyzing the liquid rubber with a pre-measured catalyst according to instructions is very important. The liquid roof can be sprayed or even applied with a paint brush to areas which are small and difficult to access e.g. chimneys, roof flashing, pipes, fish ponds etc. A squeegee and a roller can also be employed specially for flat surfaces where the usual practice is to pour the material, spreading with a squeegee and then leveling it with a short nap roller. Also a single application is recommended rather than applying multiple coats. For obtaining efficient results, a 20 mil layer of the liquid roof should be applied.
Right now, the roof of the building you’re in is probably a very dark color, if not altogether black. Changing that color to white could radically improve operating costs, reduce utility bills, benefit the surrounding environment, and help everyone in the immediate neighborhood feel a little cooler during warm-weather months. Properly installed coatings of an environmentally advanced white elastomeric will enable the roof to last far longer, too.
The benefits of elastomeric coatings are not limited to roofs. Cementitious wall coatings formulated with this tough 100 percent acrylic elastomeric technology remain flexible but retain their tensile strength to protect over a wide range of temperatures. Their flexibility and softness also provide excellent resistance to dirt pickup and prevent wind-driven rain and moisture from seeping into cracks and causing structural damage, even in humid, hurricane-prone regions. Elastomeric wall coatings keep homes in one piece – safe and dry.
“White Knights” to the Rescue
Reducing heat build-up on commercial and residential roofing can dramatically affect building operating costs. Findings reported by the Roofing Manufacturers Association conclude that heat build-up can shorten the useful life of rubber, synthetic polymer, and especially asphalt roofing systems. Cool roof technology utilizing specialized white coatings that reflect the sun’s light before it can be turned into heat significantly reduce temperature. For example, a 95° F day raises black roof top temperature to 170° F, while a white roof would not exceed 120° F — a temperature drop of almost 30%.
For further details visit: