EPDM Coatings the distributor, warrants Liquid Rubber® for a period of 7 years when the following conditions are met:
- Mixing of catalyst was performed according to directions on label.
- Liquid Rubber® was applied to a sound roof surface according to application instructions and resulted in a dry film thickness of approximately 20 mils.
- Failure was not caused by accident, fire, hurricane, tornado, or deterioration of the original construction materials.
- Liquid Rubber® was not applied over an asphalt coating or silicone caulk.
- Customer provides the original e-mail receipt of their purchase
- Customer can supply some form of proof of purchase to establish an approximate date of use.
- Customer has taken pictures in year 3 and year 5 of the overall condition of the roof
- Warranty does not apply to any application where the ProFlex primer was used in conjunction with the Liquid Rubber
- Customer submits a sample of the failed membrane and a description of the roof construction
(i.e. metal, fiberglass, rubber, etc.) when making a warranty claim.
The membrane is deemed to have failed if it loses adhesion, cracks, erodes, or otherwise fails to provide an effective weather barrier for the substrate to which it was applied. The substrate must remain in a sound and stable condition.
This warranty is in place of any implied warranty of merchantability and all other warranties expressed or implied.
This warranty is limited to the replacement of material only.
Pro Guard Coatings, the manufacturer, will, at the customer’s option, either replace the quantity of material originally used or supply a sufficient amount to complete the repair of the damage, freight prepaid, when the above conditions are met and failure occurs any time within a 5 year period from the time of application. At year 6 or 7 EPDM Coatings the distributor will provide replacement for up to 50% of the original product for any areas that have deemed to have failed by the conditions outlined above.
Since the manner and condition of application are beyond our control, neither seller nor manufacturer shall be liable for any injury, loss or damage, direct or consequential arising out of the use or the inability to use this product. The buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy against the manufacturer or his agent shall be the replacement of the defective product, and no other remedy (including, but not limited to, incidental or consequential damages for lost profits, lost sales, injury to property, labor costs and expenses or any other incidental or consequential loss) shall be available to the buyer. By accepting product you agree to indemnify, hold harmless EPDM Coatings and/or its employees, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents from any claims and expenses including attorney fees and damages, actions or negligence arising in connection with your original sale and or warranty claim.
DEFECTIVE/RETURN GOODS POLICY
If defect is discovered after the catalyst has been added, regardless of container size, then the product may be discarded and Pro Guard will replace the same. Defective Quart containers whether catalyst has been added or not may be discarded. Defective but uncatalyzed product in gallon or larger containers should be returned to Pro Guard at the address below. Pro Guard will replace the same.
Damage resulting from shipping and handling is not considered a product defect and should be made directly with the transporter.