the primer is required for proper adhesion in the following situations
The below roof types- substrates will require one coat of the ProFlex primer prior to application of Liquid EPDM Rubber
- Built up asphalt roofs-You would first need to apply our ProFlex primer before applying the liquid EPDM.
- Asphalt shingles-Requires a coating of the ProFlex primer. Note that there cannot be any separation between layers. Cracked ridges must be cut out and filled with PROFLEX and rubber mix plus reinforced with Poly Fabric.
- Modified asphalt roll roofing - First needing our ProFlex primer
- Stainless steel-Only if sanded
- Neither the primer or Liquid EPDM can be applied to glass
- Silicone caulk-Any silicone caulk needs to be removed and replaced with either butyl or acrylic caulk
- Heavily trafficked surfaces like decks or porches
- Hypalon Membrane
- Wood applications that are first primed with our ProFlex primer
- Concrete where there is little foot traffic (concrete applications require one coat of the ProFlex Primer)
- Any roof where a 3rd party coating such as an elastomeric or acrylic was previous applied
- TPO-Requires "supercoat" please call the office for details
- RV's or motorhomes made by Fleetwood
- Polyurethane foam