Liquid Butyl Rubber is ideal to recoat existing roofs and add a significant number of years to the life of a roof. In fact, our customers have described it as essentially getting a new roof for a fraction of the cost, since, for most roof types, this is a single application with significant cost savings when compared to multiple coat systems. The cost savings alone have made it the choice for thousands of our customers over the years. Labor costs are also decreased since you only need one coat versus 3-4 with other systems. Below, you will find the roof types that are compatible with Liquid Butyl Rubber. . We suggest if you have any doubts about your particular roof, or your particular roof type is not listed, conduct an adhesion test prior to application. We are not responsible for improper roof preparation prior to application.
- Various Metal Roofing systems
- Weathered Galvanized Click Here for More Information
- Weathered aluminum
- Weathered copper
- Any original EPDM rubber roofing system.
- PVC - Please visit our high volume Silicone product page
- Grace Ice and Water Shield.
- Acrylic Sheet and any acrylic based product
- Weathered Vinyl
- (Aged) Polyurethane Foam
- Modified & BUR roofs
- Concrete, where there is little foot traffic (consider moisture test. If moisture is present bubbling may occur)
- Can be tiled over (can be applied over thin-set)
- Any roof where a 3rd party coating such as an elastomeric or acrylic was previously applied.
- TPO-Must be aged five years.
- TPO must be cleaned with our Roof Protect found on our site
- TPO must have remaining service life. TPO scrim must not be visible throughout the field of the roof. If very light scrim is showing we suggest ordering our TPO Base coat.
- Surface must be dry. Any of these could cause the material to blister/wrinkle
- Sprayed Urethane Foam Roofs- Be sure roof is dry. Moisture will cause coatings to blister (Call for tech support)
- Any other application must be approved in writing
- NOTE: Not to be used for 3rd party silver-asphalt based coatings unless entirely removed
Avoid applying over SILVER based asphalt-coatings such as blackjack, They must first be fully removed from the substrate prior to the application of our product.
NOTE: Not to be applied over PVC roofs or silicone coatings. This will result in the product remaining tacky
Liquid Butyl Rubber offers significant tensile strength, elongation as well as other technical attributes which can be found on our “Technical” page.
The above are only guidelines. Any applications related to chemicals should be tested thoroughly before putting in service.
There has been no other product to match the durability of Liquid Butyl Rubber in the Roof Repair Products industry. Because Liquid Butyl Rubber is solvent-based it can boost the broad temperature tolerance we have been speaking about. This is not the same case for water-soluble products like elastomerics, acrylics or urethanes. If it were to light rain unexpectedly just a few hours after you applied Liquid Butyl Rubber, it will not harm the application and curing will resume when the water has evaporated. Once applied, Liquid Butyl Rubber will not wash off.