We have used your product before for a roof and glad you are still on the market. We ordered some today for our vacation home in Florida. We used all the other products out there Kool Seal, Snow Roof and the like...but after a couple of years they cracked and we had to resurface it again. Your product doesn't seem to do that.
B. McKnight (Hartford, CT)
Roof leaks cause majority of the damage to an RV and camper. The end result was, it looked like a new roof, a new rubber roof put over the existing roof, an aluminumroof at that. We were really impressed by it. And I think the warranty is fantastic!
Miller Service Center
Our fish are thanking you. We had a artificial pond that leaked and rather than replace the entire lining we were looking for a product that we didn't have to worry about fixing later. We had a heck of a time looking for something. He had tried some of the tapes on the market but they gave way after time. Our friend recommended we call you guys and we did.
G. Meyers (Carmel Valley CA)
We just completed our project on our flat roof and were relieved how easy it went on. We had experienced some really bad ponding issues and did not like the estimates we received for a new roof. We will recommend you guys!
S. Fitzpatrick (Plymouth NH)
One of the unique things about the product is that it is very easy to use, very clean and it won't run down the sides of the trailer. It dries to a smooth beautiful finish. On a metal roof it will quiet the roof and reduce the heat in the interior. It is very easy to make spot repairs on metal roofs and an excellent product to seal vents and pipes. I use, at
this time no other sealant. If a customer wants a roof with a less expensive product that is not as reliable, I refuse to do the job.
We looked at the product and it is far superior than anything I have ever see out there. We switched to Liquid Butyl Rubber because of the simplicity of the product as far as its application and it is also compatible with all types of roofs.
RV Mobile Medic
My roof was in bad shape. I cleaned it and kept after it a few times a year. We bought the RV used, and there were signs of neglect when we bought it. It had been obviously sitting in the sun for an extended period of time without any care or maintenance.
I was about to buy a sheet of EPDM and forego the labor intensive and very expensive task of replacing the sheet roof. Then I saw a video on Youtube for Butyl Liquid Rubber. So the research began. "This looks too good to be true", I thought to myself. But all the videos and customer testimonials couldn't be made up they came from so many different people.
So I decided to pull the trigger.
Ordered 6 gallons on a Thursday evening.
They were at my door Saturday morning. Already impressed by this product/company.
So application day came. I used all the tips and answers I found on the outstanding Q-A part of the webpage and put them to use.
I removed vent covers and cleaned the roof, as directed, with Dawn and bleach (2 cups for every gallon of water).
I mixed the 1 gallon first, to "cut in". Mixing took longer than stated, but I'm fine with that. I started at an easy area to get a feel for the product.
It brushes on fairly easy for being a thicker product. I used a thin, 4" roller for the areas under the roof rack.
Coverage from the 1 gallon did all the edges, under the roof rack, and some of the flat area.
Again, mixing the 5 gallon took a lot longer than stated, but again, I'm fine with that.
It spreads and rolls out pretty easy.
It's been a week now, and there were 2 areas I had concern about. 1 area had some "spider web" type cracking that has gone away with curing just like they said it would.
The other area had some air bubbles as soon as it was installed. They popped and left little pits in the coating. It appears now, a week later, that those pits are also dissipating as the roof cures. There is a lot of pollen on the roof, so I'm hoping that washes off easy and everything is good under it.
So far, I'm extremely happy with this product.
I love the fact you can go right over the edges and vent areas and make it a 1 piece roof.
Now you guys need to come up with and easy repair for oxidized fiberglass.
- fast shipping
- ease of application
- covers edges and seals roof in 1 piece
- lots of videos and information on web site
- standard tools for application are available at any hardware store
- can be applied in a few hours
- mixing time is greatly understated in instructions
- 5 gallon can is heavy to carry up ladder
- strong odor when applying
TIPS FOR OTHER USERS
- make sure roof is clean
- when moving to a new section, make sure that section is clean. I used a blow gun as I moved, and still have dirt.
- use a heavy duty drill when mixing
- have a helper to poor the product in
- don't follow the time on the instructions for mixing
- if you are doing this in 1 day and don't have a helper to clean tools, buy 2 mixers.
- I didn't tape anywhere, but I wish I would have taped the skylight
- expect bugs to become a permanent part of your roof
- don't buy the very expensive tools. more than likely, you will be throwing them away
- have multiple pairs of gloves ready
- even if you don't have a question, read through the q-a section on the website.
- if you have a question and don't see the answer, ask it. they respond quickly
- clean the vent covers while you have them off
- if possible, use a rope to pull the 5 gallon can up to the roof
Thank you for a great product.
We had fixed our roof two years ago with another product or thought we did. Thanks, we are very happy with the results. One day at the campground and we were finished.
T. Alderman (Coral Springs, FL)